Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mommy Tag

Typical time of wake-up: 6am, 7 on a REALLLY good day. My kids are all early risers, and once one is up, they're ALL up.
On a good night when you/kids go to sleep: Alivia-6:30, Ella- 7, Austin -7:30. Not that they're sleeping, that's just when we send them to bed.
How long you have been a momma: 6 years, 4 months, 8 days
How many times have you been a new mom: I feel like a new mom every time that new baby is put in my arms.
How old were you when you became a mom (is this to personal?): 19, but I turned 20 8 days later!!
Favorite Kids show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, the Weekenders, Jimmy Neutron & Spongebob Squarepants. (We don't get much else during the day)
Least Favorite Kids show: hmmm there are WAY too many... The Doodlebops, Toopy & Binoo, Teletubbies, the list goes on and on
Favorite chore: vacuuming (I miss having carpet lines)
Least favorite chore: mopping, dusting, the bathrooms (so gross, but I do love how clean it feels after they're done)
Meal you cook most often: any kind of chicken with rice. Anybody have any new recipes???
Kids favorite meal: Liv- french fries, Ella - teriyaki chicken w/ fettuccinni alfredo & broccoli, Austin-ginger chicken and rice
5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom: Liv - her constant jabbering and her new sweet dance moves. Ella- watching her dress up and put on her make up, or her dancing, or her always giving kisses. Austin - hearing him read to the girls, or to himself. He got student of the week at school last week, and I'm a pretty proud momma 'cause of that! The list could go on, but it only says 5 things...
Favorite thing your husband does with your kids: Jimmy and Austin go on the computer every other night and research something. They look at pictures of other countries and it's really neat to see. I also love it when the kids tackle him. They all giggle like crazy.
Last time you went out with no kids: Last time I was in Calgary... My dad watched the kids and all the girls went to see 27 dresses.
If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be: I'd really love to take the kids to Disneyland when they're about the age they are now. It'd be so neat to see their faces. I also want to go back to Mexico with them. They loved it and it was just so much fun.
Favorite pastime/activity with kids: I love going to the spray parks in the summer. And when it's cold I love it when we all snuggle up with a blanket and popcorn and watch a movie and the kids (having seen them WAY too many times) sing along or copy what the characters do.
1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom: Let my kids go out in public in dress up clothes. There are only so many battles worth fighting with a 3 year old, and that, I've learned, is just not one of them!
If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do? Susie said it all.. MASSAGE!! oh how I could use one of those right now!!!!
1 thing you do that your mom did & now you do: Ummm... hehehe going through everybody's name before you get to the right one. It's genetic, my gramma does it too ;)
Favorite quality of your own mom: I hate to brag, but I have the best mom ever! She's so talented, I don't think there is much she can't do. The list could go on forever... She amazes me all the time! I hope I can be half the woman she is
Favorite kids book: I Already Know I Love You, by Billy Crystal, and I love you forever
Best advice for a new mom: Honestly, I wish I had some, but I'm still learning every day!
Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom:Where to start... Austin was about 18 months and broke his leg. I about died, but he was so calm. He even asked if we could say a prayer while waiting for the x-rays at the hospital. Then after the cast came off, he tripped going up the stairs and had to get stitches in his chin! AWFUL. Ummm... anytime anyone of them falls down the stairs!!! SO SCARY... When Liv cut her finger off!!! So I guess really I should say when they get hurt! There are so many other moments, but those stick out the most right now.
Most joyful moment as a mom: The first time each one of them were placed in my arms. It's a feeling I can't even describe! Every time they learn something new.
Last time your child told you they love you: Every night before bed, other than Liv, but she gives the best hugs, so I'll take that as an I love you.
Last time you said I love you to your kid(s): Before Austin leaves for school, randomly throughout the day, and for sure before bed.

Now go tell your kids how great they are give them a big hug & kiss! I think you are all the best moms ever, and are doing a heck of a job!
And I now tag anyone who wants to do this!

7 comments:

Emily S said...

Soo Sweet. I read through that entire thing. I have a special place in my heart for moms.

Jeni said...

cute, I guess the comment on my blog was a tag!! haha
by the way, other than my mom, yes your mom is the best - she does everything and knows how to do anything!

Gramma Ally said...

great to hear that Austin was student of the week. Way to go Austin!!!! Also, you made me cry...I wish all those comments about me were true. You have soooo many talents and soooo many more that you have yet to discover!!!! Keep on learning and most of all...enjoy being a mom. That is the most important thing that you will ever do in life. Love ya!!!!

Just Rhonda said...

aww great list! I'll have to post this on my blog too!

Susie said...

that was fun to read you kids are so cute & so are you!

LindsayB said...

i love when i see kids in dress ups in public. once we were at a resturant and the kid looked like he was maybe 3 or 4 in the FULL spiderman suit, hat thing included! it was so cute, and gave us a good laugh. right now i just want to put a sign on alli's head that says "i dressed myself" because it can be scary somedays. but you are right, you pick your battles.

hailey said...

just in case austin would like to do this...check out brainpop.com - you can do a 15 day trial or something like that...it's great and a great way to learn all sorts of things!

hailey