Thursday, January 31, 2008

Law Show

Sorry, again no pictures, but I just had to say a little something about the Law Show Jimmy and I went to a few weeks ago. It's this pretty big production the law students put on every year. It's all done by law students and professors. Every year is different, and this year was great! It was really funny. The had a live band (comprised of law students), actors, dancers, singers, etc. The jist of the play was this guy (George) remembering why he wanted to be a lawyer. The writers were really clever. They put new words to Elvis songs and other well known songs. Anyhow, it's really hard to explain it, but it was just a great night. I think my favorite parts were the interpretive dancer, and the video clip on CAN (condensed annotated notes) There are other clips from past law shows on youtube, if you're interested. Some of them are pretty funny. Ok, I have to go into the interpretive dance a little bit. It was just too funny. So in the skit this law firm decides that to pick who will become their next partner they'll have a talent competition. The judges are Dr. Phil, Nancy Grace and Simon Cowell. The contenders are William Hung, Miss South Carolina (who was hilarious!!! I wish I could remember some of the stuff she said. Too funny), a couple others that I can't remember, an interpretive dancer, and "George". Anyhow, this dancer is a very muscular (and I mean VERY muscular) male in pink tights, a tutu with those lace up ballet tops, with a pink bow on his buzzed head... The Titanic song comes on and he starts prancing around the stage and waving his arms (just picture the Napoleon Dynamite "Happy hands" scene), then near the end, he pulls out a blue flag type thing and starts unrolling it. More and more blue fabric flows down and he's waving as he goes lower and lower "under the water". I wish I was good at describing things 'cause this was hysterical!!!! Still no clip of that, but it was so funny. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure we'll go again next year, 'cause it was a great night out.

On a completely different note... We finally got our van started. Thank goodness!! Austin's been away from school for 5 days now, and he was going crazy. He made it for hot lunch day, so he was pretty excited. Poor Jimmy... The car still won't start, but our other van (yes we have 3 vehicles at the moment... let me know if you're interested in one) started, so he had to drive that to school. He HATES vans!!! About once a week I get "are you sure you wouldn't like an Escalade? You'd look really good in one"... No Thanks! I'm quite content with my van. hehehehe can't blame him for trying I guess.

I'm gonna try and get back to taking pictures soon. I lost my battery charger, so I'm stuck with a dead camera at the moment. Hopefully we'll find it soon. I kinda miss taking pictures. I kinda miss editing too, although I feel stuck at the moment. Oh well. It's fun to learn new things. I've been debating taking a photography and/or photoshop class. Kinda hard at the moment with Jimmy's school schedule, but one day it'd be fun.
Well, since I've bored you to tears, I'll end. Have a great COLD week. Hopefully it warms up soon!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The Law show sounds like it was really fun. I once went to a ward talent show where they did something similar with the Titanic song, except try to picture a bunch of old hight priest men, wearing swim caps and goggles and no shirts, pretending to do some kind of syncronized swim dance number with the blue fabric in front of them. Absolutley hilarious!!! Glad to hear your vehicles are starting to work. It is no fun being stuck at home for that long--a little unfair I think.

Anonymous said...

legal follies? ours were the last two nights but we couldnt go! The ones here are 50% crud jokes soooo we decided not to go haha! why the heck do you have 3 cars haha

Jeni said...

haha, I know you did update, just not enough for me! I am an addict, I need more! I watched seans med school ones and those were always so funny too. looks fun!